View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Ennui. Offline
Living the dream.

TeenHelp Superstar

Name: Dez
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 172,635, Level: 59 Points: 172,635, Level: 59 Points: 172,635, Level: 59

Re: That time of month! - March 1st 2020, 04:49 AM

Oh boy, my period is fun and comes as a surprise every time.

But yeah, I agree with what Jordan said above that sometimes there are natural variations in the menstrual cycle that make it come a little bit earlier or later than normal. There are a lot of apps out there that help you to track your cycle though, so maybe you can start to notice if there are any patterns or trends going on. I use an app called Clue, which also lets me input other factors such as what type of birth control I am on and if there is anything else going on such as taking antibiotics, being sick, etc.

I can understand how this would be frustrating though, especially if you're being taken by surprise. I've had lots of nice underwear ruined that way, erp. Like Jordan said, there are forms of contraception that can help regulate your period if it is an issue for you. There are several different types, so you can discuss the one that will be right for you. Some examples are the birth control pill, which has to be taken every day, the arm implant, which is good for 3 years, and the IUD, which are good for several years as well. There are even more than that! So, if this is something you're comfortable with, I'd ask your doctor.

Even if you don't feel comfortable with contraceptives (which is 100% fine!) it still is worth it to go to the doctor just for a checkup. It's a good idea whether you're sexually active or not, just to make sure everything is healthy and working as it should. There's no need to be worried or embarrassed either, as these doctors have definitely seen it all.

I wish you the best of luck!

Do you ever get a little bit tired of life
Like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die
Like you're hanging by a thread but you gotta survive
'Cause you gotta survive