(#7 (permalink)) Old
eaty Offline
Staff On Leave

Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Sarah
Pronouns: She/her

Points: 34,042, Level: 26 Points: 34,042, Level: 26 Points: 34,042, Level: 26

Re: Corona Virus. - March 6th 2020, 01:21 AM

One tiny nitpicky thing, its called Coronavirus. No space.

Honestly. I am not at all worried about it. And that is because I have literally spent my last few weeks keeping up with the research on it, and the news. And this is a case where the news is MAJORLY ramping everyone up. But the truth is? It only looks so bad, because it is new. Remember all the hype about SARS? Swine Flu? Ebola? This is the same media issues as those.

This is just another version of SARS, like literally the technical name for COVID-19 is SARS-CoV-2, SARS-CoV-1 is SARS.

Another thing the media is NOT talking about and they SHOULD. The majority of the fatalities are elderly. Every age group is at risk, but kids and young healthy people are not in the same risk as elderly. Some numbers I actually heard tonight at a lecture about the virus mentions that 80% get mild-moderate symptoms, 15% get severe, and 5% are the worst off, which tend to be the ones who die. I know that the lecture I went to only took his info from the CDC and WHO

So because of all of that info. I am not at all worried for myself or my family, because we are not in the demographic that is the most affected. Take same precautions as the flu, and all should be good. Wash hands, don't touch your face, cover coughs, clean surfaces.

Lead Moderator, Chat Officer and Disputes Committee Member.
PM me Anytime if you need anything.
2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 1373440 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!