(#2 (permalink)) Old
Ambedo. Offline
I'm as sane as I ever was.

I can't get enough

Name: Sam
Pronouns: she/her

Points: 40,752, Level: 29 Points: 40,752, Level: 29 Points: 40,752, Level: 29

Re: I Don't want to friends with her anymore - March 12th 2020, 02:05 AM

From what you've written here, it sounds like you are starting to outgrow this particular friend. That may sound mean, but it's a completely natural part of life. As we grow up, our lives start to take different paths. It seems like you have a lot of good things going for you right now and are focused on moving your life in a positive direction. Sometimes, certain people just stop fitting into our lives as we make those choices.

If you don't think talking to her will have any positive outcomes, the best approach is the one you're already taking: slowly distancing yourself from this person. Friends grow apart and it's okay to let that happen naturally without having a conversation about it, especially if you're not particularly interested in repairing the relationship.

You mentioned that you're worried about being alone yourself. Perhaps you could find something to get involved in that will allow you to make new friends. You could see if your college or community have any clubs or organizations that interest you that you could join. You could also try talking to people in your classes and starting out by forming study groups with them to gauge if they are people you could potentially want to be friends with. If you're hesitant to approach people, you could also try using an app, such as Bumble BFF, to meet people in your area who share similar interests and are also looking for friends. I've used that one myself and met some pretty great people through it.

No matter what, remember that you deserve healthy friendships that build you up, rather than bringing you down. It's okay to step away from the people you currently hang out with in order to find that.

wanderlust consumed her;
foreign hearts & exotic minds compelled her.
she had a gypsy soul
and a vibrant heart for the unknown.
-d. marie