View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Lunar Offline
Average Joe

Name: Lunar

Points: 5,266, Level: 10 Points: 5,266, Level: 10 Points: 5,266, Level: 10

Not really sure where I'm going now. - March 14th 2020, 01:31 AM

The past two years I was working with a therapist who convinced me I had panic disorder. I've had panic attacks for as long as I can remember. Lately I had to switch therapists offices due to an insurance change, and the new therapist believes I have PTSD with panic disorder with agoraphobia on top. I'm struggling with this. I've never really heard of PTSD unless it was associated with the military. Having a hard time believing I could have it, and having a hard time processing the fact that I do actually have a lot of the symptoms my therapist told me to 'look in to'.

Not sure why I'm taking this so hard, but I mentioned it to my partner and he kinda laughed it off, like 'there's no way you could have it' which also made my heart sink a little. I mean if he doesn't believe it, why should I? But also, it goes both ways. If I do have it, then does that mean he doesn't believe it, or me? Not sure how to process that either. Just unsure as to where to go from here. I thought we had figured out what was happening, and I was doing so well working towards the goals we set for me, but now that this is happening, I'm wondering where I stand now, what my goals should be, or where I even go from here. Any advice for me? Anything I should read/watch/learn? Thanks in advance for any advice. Really struggling here.