Staff On Leave

Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Sarah
Pronouns: She/her

Points: 34,042, Level: 26 Points: 34,042, Level: 26 Points: 34,042, Level: 26

Re: Corona Virus. - April 4th 2020, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoons View Post
More people my sister worked with were found to be positive.
Our rates are still increasing. Our governor called our area a hot spot, especially because of its proximity to major areas like NYC.
Oh jeez, a little close! I've been thinking of you and your family.

Its not even worth me mentioning the numbers in my state, cause I live in New York and the numbers look awful and are just getting worse. They announced today that we are about a week away from the apex, which is good. But terrifying because of how bad things are now.

I am thankful my city has stepped up and is being safe. My family is pretty much planning to stay home for the next few weeks as much as we can, currently trying grocery pick up.

But something to remember about the numbers, I've noticed a LOT of media just saying "There is ___ number of cases today" But they don't include the number of recovered. It is just the number of positive tests.

I know in my city, we currently have 95 positive tests. But 54 of those have recovered. So just be aware of that, that the number might now be as bad as it looks, or it might. Depends on how your area is reporting things. Don't know if this info will help calm some people, or not. But thought it was worth throwing out there.

A city next to where my boyfriend lives was just declared a hot spot today. They have a curfew starting tonight. And I know someone who works at the hospital in that city.

Lead Moderator, Chat Officer and Disputes Committee Member.
PM me Anytime if you need anything.
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 1373440 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!