Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Points: 88,797, Level: 42 Points: 88,797, Level: 42 Points: 88,797, Level: 42

Re: Grey Hairs. - May 9th 2020, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallika View Post
Hello!!

Looks like this is something many people experience! From personal experience I think it has got to do with genetics as well. Also, I did a little Google search and researchers have definitely found evidence that there is a genetic component to it.

Like the other day my mom was saying that her mother (my grandma) did not develop grey hair until she was in her late 40's. My mom is in her late 40's and is only now beginning to show traces of grey hair. On the other hand, my dad has had grey hair since he was in his early thirties. Also, when I was in school, I had a senior who had very visible grey hair (interspersed with black hair) though she wasn't older than 16 back then. Looks like our individual genetic composition does contribute to greying of hair, at least to an extent.

Also, it appears that nutrient deficiencies (e.g. vitamin B12, D3, copper and iron) might be responsible. Perhaps you might want to check with a dietician on that front?

This link gives some tips to manage it: https://www.curejoy.com/content/causes-of-gray-hair/

In any case, this is who you are - so embrace yourself Grey locks (or silver locks as I like to call it!) are gorgeous in their own way
Thanks for the reply! I do take multi-vitamins every morning so it might be genetics.