View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
annexbread Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 1,587, Level: 6 Points: 1,587, Level: 6 Points: 1,587, Level: 6

complex romantic situation - May 18th 2020, 08:57 AM

Woah... I haven't posted here in a very very long time. So long that I forgot my old username lol. That's probably for the best because the stuff I used to post here was quite cringy.

Anyway, cutting right to the chase, I need advice on something. A while ago, I met a girl. I have since fallen hopelessly in love with said girl. The issue is that she has a boyfriend. They're long distance and in quite a rocky state, not speaking to each other for months at a time because his parents take away his electronics.

She's quite an insecure and romantically needy person, so this causes her a lot of hurt. I can't keep track anymore of the amount of times I see her saying 'omg I just want to cuddle someone/'I want romance' /whatever. In the meanwhile I'm just kinda... right there. I want to make some kind of move on her but I'm not the type of guy to tell her to break up with him to be with me. I feel awkward giving her advice about this situation because of my infatuation with her. I can obviously see the relationship isn't working for her whatsoever but she stays with him because 1. she does still love him a lot 2. she is scared that if she leaves him, she won't ever find someone else who loves her like that. Basically, a situation of 'the devil you know beats the devil you don't'.

I guess the issue has two layers to it. Firstly, I just want her to be happy. And this relationship is not making her happy. Secondly, I want to be with her. Because I love her. A lot. But neither telling her that or telling her to break up with him seem like proper courses of action.

Let me state for the record that we have a very very close and open relationship. At first glance people have even assumed we're a couple. We text/talk to each other for hours upon end, often deep into the night. We're also pretty... faux-romantic, I guess? I wouldn't really call it flirting, but we do say 'love you', 'miss you', 'darling' etc. to each other. I don't think it's out of the question that she has some amount of feelings for me that she's suppressing because she's with her bf right now (something she has done before with previous relationships), that combined with my unusually intense feelings for her are why I'm not just giving up on the matter. I guess the final question is... what do? Do I confess and hope she realises she wants to be with me, at the risk of rejection? Do I sneakily try to hint at her to break up? Do I just sit on it like I have until now?