View Single Post
  (#193 (permalink)) Old
Tigereyes Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 26,047, Level: 23 Points: 26,047, Level: 23 Points: 26,047, Level: 23

Re: Corona Virus. - May 18th 2020, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranthus View Post

I'm so sorry to hear that you're dealing with this. That definitely sounds terrifying! Is there any way you can reach out to your work, let them know your situation, and request that they allow you to continue to work from home? Or are you not able to work at home? If you can perform your job at home, I feel like it would be really hard for them to argue with you given people have been working from home for a couple months already and you have medical conditions that make you vulnerable.

~Kylie
Thanks for the advice. There is no work to do from home due to the nature of my job. Also I work at a large university, so my boss and HR are limited in their ability to support me. I'm currently relying on "the generosity" of the US government to pay me (less than I was making at work, which was barely enough) to stay home. They can take it away at any point. I have minimal paid leave available and need each paycheck.

Up to 19,000 confirmed cases in my state. We could reopen further later this week.

"Just open your eyes and see that life is beautiful..." ~Sixx:A.M.
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 1373440 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!