View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Thistle Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 1,703, Level: 6 Points: 1,703, Level: 6 Points: 1,703, Level: 6

I feel like my anxiety disorder is making my teenage years go by. - May 20th 2020, 09:01 AM

As i said in the title, I feel my anxiety disorder is making my teenage years go by. To clarify; the anxiety disorder I have is the social variety. I'm looking for any advice that pertains to my situation. To give you some insight about my situation, I will try to simplify it to the extent of ~2 paragraphs.

When I was diagnosed with social anxiety disorder, (I was 14 at the time) I was encouraged to temporarily withdraw from attending school; although I was still doing the work from home. The reason I wasn't attending school is that I was so terrified of what other people were thinking about me, that I was unable to focus on my schoolwork, so my GPA dropped from an average of a 3.7 GPA to an average of a 2.1 GPA. After a few months, I was admitted into a local children's hospital once a week for approximately three hours. While there I was always given a basic checkup, and then I would talk to a therapist about my eating disorder (which is unrelated to this post), and another meeting with a therapist about my social anxiety.

During summer break, me and my parent's started looking into schools that I could transfer to. We eventually found a suitable school, but I had already missed one and a half terms (out of three), also, it was a small private school, and all my classmates had known each other since they were very young. And this brings me to today; where I have been at the school for a few months, and I feel that the phase where my classmates were attempting to 'get me out of my shell', so to speak, is behind me. I would really appreciate it if anyone could give me some advice on how best to handle the situation.

- Thanks for reading, and if it applies, commenting!

Last edited by Thistle; May 20th 2020 at 10:34 AM. Reason: I labelled it as 'Non-PG13', when it should've been the opposite - I mistook Non-PG13 for being family friendly.