View Single Post
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Tigereyes Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 26,047, Level: 23 Points: 26,047, Level: 23 Points: 26,047, Level: 23

Re: Parents too strict - May 29th 2020, 02:27 PM

Hey, I noticed a lot of people are saying to talk to them about it. I agree that you should try to have that conversation. Sometimes it will work.

But sometimes it doesn't. It's important to acknowledge that possibility too. I'm 24, went to college and have lived on my own/with roommates for the past almost 6 years now. I had parental controls on my own laptop until I got one for college at almost 19. My parents let me go out but followed my every move and everyone I hung out with. My parents STILL try to dictate my life. I temporarily needed to move back in with them last summer, and they started searching my room again, demanded to know every detail of where I was going and who I was going with, etc. Talking to them did not help me. They continue to do this sort of thing even though I have my own apartment; they wanted the second key.

You know your parents and your situation best, and I think it is definitely worth a conversation, but you should also be prepared for the possibility that you might not get the result you are looking for.

"Just open your eyes and see that life is beautiful..." ~Sixx:A.M.