(#9 (permalink)) Old
eaty Offline
Staff On Leave

Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Sarah
Pronouns: She/her

Points: 34,042, Level: 26 Points: 34,042, Level: 26 Points: 34,042, Level: 26

Re: Braces! - May 30th 2020, 05:40 PM

I swore I replied to this, but I guess I totally spaced. Whoops!

I had braces when I was like 17-18, and thankfully I only needed them for 9 months. But it was still something.

It was painful for like 2 days while my mouth adjusted. But honestly, dental wax is AMAZING for helping with that for the first week. You just put some on the braces to help prevent them from rubbing the inside of your cheeks raw. I also know people who had no issues with this.

I was given a whole set of stuff to help brush. I've also now seen the same things in the grocery store, the little brushes are AWESOME for getting between the wire and your teeth.

I was back in like every month or so for adjustments, mainly replacing the wire. And I remember the assistant suggested to me that I take like ibuprofen on those days before my appointment to help with the soreness. I DO NOT suggest that you just follow that advice blindly, ask your dentist if you should do that. Everyone is different. But I only had issues with it being sore when I first got them, and after every adjustment. Other than that? No big deal, I didn't mind my braces.

Uhh, that is all I can really think of. Feel free to talk to me anytime about braces, and I might be able to answer. Its been a long time

Lead Moderator, Chat Officer and Disputes Committee Member.
PM me Anytime if you need anything.