(#23 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Points: 88,663, Level: 42 Points: 88,663, Level: 42 Points: 88,663, Level: 42

Re: Riots in America. - June 12th 2020, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Radio Flyer~ View Post
I attended a peaceful protest. it was 100% peaceful. Nothing happened to me. There were mostly white folks, some people of color non black and some black. The protest represented somewhat of what my neighborhood is but I wish more people attended. More non Black people of color especially. No one got arrested. I was scared to be seen on camera and I have fear as an ethnic minority would but not to the extent that Black people have because they are the most likely to be targeted.
Then I find out in my students' neighborhood which is a predominantly Black community. It broke my heart to hear that there were peaceful protests just like the one I sent to but there were over 100 arrests, tear gas, police hearing up the protesters (aka fellow citizens) There were not even enough space in the holding cells in that county so the police took some of them to the 2 nearby counties. My students are in 6th grade. They're children. Protests are supposed go be child friendly, family friendly. My heart breaks. I feel sad, angry, loss, like I will never feel at home in America.
I'm glad to hear that the protest you attended was peaceful.

Users of TeenHelp have rated post 1353635 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!