View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount59

Edit avatar

Re: I'm like allergic to the sun or something, can somebody please try to help me? - June 13th 2020, 03:03 PM

Hey there, thanks for reaching out.

We can't give you a diagnosis as we are not licensed medical professionals. But we can definitely run some ideas by you and offer you advice. I'm glad you feel comfortable enough to confide in us and I'll do what I can.

First of all, when you go out in the sun, it is so important to use sunscreen! SPF 30 or higher would be best. As the previous poster has already said, don't go out during peak hours of the day, typically between 10 AM - 4 PM in the summer months. If you must be outside or want to enjoy the outdoors, it's best if you do so from the shade.

As for the reaction you've been getting from being in the sun, it can be a number of things. If you don't put sunscreen, spend time outside during the peak hours, or both, then you're much more apt to develop sunburn. This could be one explanation; human skin cannot tolerate excessive amount of UV rays, which is what the Sun gives off.

The reaction could be allergies to something else. If it's just begun this year, think about what you've changed since the winter time. Have you begun to eat something different? Drink something different? Sometimes we develop food allergies randomly at a given point in our lives; it's not necessarily from birth or early childhood. It could be an allergic reaction to the detergent your clothes were washed with.

I suggest going to the doctor for a proper diagnosis and please take appropriate sunblock precautions.

Take care.