(#3 (permalink)) Old
Panda Solo Offline
HelpLINK Mentor

Not a n00b

Name: Leah

Points: 8,301, Level: 13 Points: 8,301, Level: 13 Points: 8,301, Level: 13

Re: he broke up with me - September 3rd 2020, 12:52 PM

Hello Maddie

Thank you for reaching out to us and I am truly sorry that you have been feeling this way.

Breaking up is truly a heart-wrecking process, and inevitably one will feel devastaed and torn after the other person leave an intimate relationship. When I broke up with my bf with whom I had 4-year relationship one year ago, it actually felt like getting a divorce and I still haven't fully recovered yet. My suggestions is that right now, you can do whatever that comes natual to you to youself feel better. You can give yourself some time to let out your emotions, think about the good & bad memory you had with him, savor the sorrow, analyze what could have been done to improve, express your gratitue for his past kindness and conpanionship, then move on. Another useful tip would be treating youself with delicious food, like chocolate, or do (legal) things that you have always wanted to do but for some reason you couldn't, it will make you feel better.

After traumatic events, People natrually go through 5 stages of grief and loss: denial & isolation, anger, bargain, depression, acceptance. It is okay and normal to be sad, but you shouldn't stay in sadness for too long. Life is so beautiful and full of unknown to be explored, maybe it is a good time for you to explore around to tryout on new things and fields and meet new people.

* here is a link to the 5 stages if you are interested: https://psychcentral.com/lib/the-5-s...gaining%3B%204.

* here is another link on how cope after a break up
https://www.healthline.com/health/coping-with-break-up

I am also very sorry that your parents are getting a divorce at this point of time, but the thing to keep in mind is: their getting divorced and your breakup are two indepent, seperate events. Don't, even though it's tempting,
stack the emotions you have toward these events on top of each other. Let them decide what is good for them, and wish them luck. It is defintely not your fault for these events to occur.

I wanna assure you that everything will eventually be okay and you will heal up as time passes.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.