View Single Post
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
AnnWhite Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 1,287, Level: 5 Points: 1,287, Level: 5 Points: 1,287, Level: 5

Re: I feel so lost... college just doesnt seem to be for me - September 4th 2020, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascha View Post

In terms of balancing school with your own mental health though, there are ways which you can manage that so you can get through and in the end, and I believe it will be worth it to stick it out. I worked retail for 10 years to get through University, and those years sucked. I have mad respect for people who do that kind of work their entire lives, it takes a tremendous amount of fortitude and has a serious toll on your mental health. I feels so grateful now that I had the opportunity to finish university and to now have a considerably higher paying career where I can afford a higher quality of life. It was 100% worth it.

All jobs feel like a job, even ones you love. We all get stressed sometimes, we all struggle, which is why there is no right answer.
I support everything about work. I have the same attitude to this. There was a time when I paid more attention precisely to making money .. but I did not quit school ... You never know how the bones will fall .. I gave part of my tasks to the service -[edited by Melancholia] It doesn’t seem entirely fair, but it helped maintain a balance between study and work. I had time to think, and my interest in studying still came later.

Last edited by DeletedAccount59; September 4th 2020 at 08:42 PM. Reason: Do not post links that encourages users to cheat or plagiarize.