(#4 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I've been here a while

Name: Sarah

Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31

Re: Hard work doesn't mean much - September 7th 2020, 10:14 AM

Thank you both for your responses.

I've spoken to the assistant manager whom I get on very well with, and the new gym manager. On Tuesday it was the 2nd time I explained to them that the new PT keeps coming to me for help and advice rather than them. The assistant manager said she'll make sure to have a talk with him. I did see the new gym manager chatting to the new PT on Monday but clearly whatever's being said to him, he's just not taking it in properly.

I'm not even sad that after all my hard work and I only now start to get clients. I felt like my hard work finally paid off, but when a new PT comes in and does literally nothing yet instantly gets a client whereas I had to work hard for it... this is where my problem lies.

I can't go to a new gym to work because I'm already licensed to this one. Not only that, you have to build a reputation before anyone really gets to know you... though I guess evidenced by this new PT... apparently not as much as I had been lead to believe.

I feel I just need to work even harder. Be at the gym more, force myself to become even more sociable with others and push harder to become even more recognised.

Currently I have the advantage that this new PT is admittedly kind of bumbling around. He has no clue what he's doing and thinks that everything is just him floating on a cloud. Not everyone is going to be like his first client where they're going to be THAT prepared to have PT and be severely overcharged because the guy had no clue what to do.