View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Jennaholt Offline
Not a n00b

Points: 9,332, Level: 14 Points: 9,332, Level: 14 Points: 9,332, Level: 14

Sexual tension vs platonic relationships - September 19th 2020, 07:02 AM

Just looking for some clarity here.
There's this guy I'd been seeing for the past few months. Initially we used to talk a lot about our lives etc. Then our relationship got very sexual. We sexted all the time, made out whenever we met. And then we decided we want to be good friends and a sexual relationship isn't going to get us there.
I like him a lot. Like really like him - he's the best person I've ever met. It's hard not to like him. When we meet, you can cut the sexual tension between us with a knife. But we've decided not to make out or sext anymore. We want to get to know each other more, on a much much deeper level.
He doesn't like me the same way. But he likes me as a friend. And our friendship is amazing.
But is it possible to be extremely good friends with someone, talk to them about everything AND be sexually attracted to them but still not want something romantic?
He's told me a few times that he's not ready for a relationship right now. And I'm very respectful of that. So I'm not sure if it's the fact that he's focusing on himself that's stopping him or if he really doesn't like me the same way I do.