TH Anonymous Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Points: 34,122, Level: 26 Points: 34,122, Level: 26 Points: 34,122, Level: 26

Re: Pet loss - September 22nd 2020, 09:48 AM

[SIZE="a"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranthus View Post
Hi there,

I'm so, so sorry for your loss. I understand what you mean when you say that he was like family; I also had a very special cat that I grew up, and it was so incredibly painful when I lost him. I still miss him to this day and probably always will, but I make sure that I do things to keep him in my memory. I look at pictures of him often, and I actually have a little black stuffed back on my desk that I look at every day!

Right now, though, I know that there isn't much that I can say to make it better. Pets have an amazing way of making you feel loved and needed, which is exactly what I experienced with my own cat. As a kid who was on the autism spectrum, sometimes I felt like he was the only one who understood me. Be gentle with yourself and take all the time you need to grieve this tremendous loss.

Take good care!

All the best,
Kylie
My cat was a black cat too <3 I felt like he was the only one who understood me until I came to TH in 2012 and started being a real homebody. I figured I have my favorite things in the computer or on the computer (He would sit on my keyboard and play with my pencils)[/size]