View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I've been here a while

Name: Sarah

Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31

Re: Issues with a guy at work - September 23rd 2020, 09:48 PM

Thank you for what you said. You are right about his advances. In fact, yesterday before my shift I was getting in some exercise and I'd seen him through the mirror across the room. Thankfully I was almost done and then went upstairs to do some cardio. A few minutes later I saw him in my peripheral vision. He also came upstairs and went to the men's changing room. I thought maybe he'd finished his workout and was getting ready to leave, but then moments later he came back out and I caught him looking at me, as if to see if I was looking back at him, except I wasn't. I went off to shower 5 minutes later, and took a really, really long time. I even slowly dressed myself, had food in the staff room, and thought, 'He must have gone by now'.

I went and sat by some benches downstairs near the entrance. I had my glasses with me which is a rare thing. Annnd then he walks all the way over to talk to me. He said something to me but I didn't quite catch it, so I let out some awkward kind of laugh (I sometimes do that when I have no clue what somebody said and feel too awkward to ask them to keep repeating) and then he said something else, so I made my awkward laugh again. Suddenly he made a swift exit... and then I realised what he'd said to me, 'You look nice with your glasses on' and then, 'Probably shouldn't say that to a PT but well...' and that was when he left.

I feel like my awkward laugh was at an appropriate tone and way that he realised that what he's saying is a bit inappropriate and that's why he said that he probably shouldn't be saying such things to a member of staff. When I spoke to my mum, she felt quite similar.

Given that my manager is currently working the morning shifts, and I come in towards the afternoon/evenings, I doubt I'd be able to discuss the situation further with her in-person, unless I push to go to work earlier. However, I do feel that after yesterday, I am going to try and make a larger effort to put forward that I'm not interested in him as anything more than a friend, because I'm really not.