View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
TH Anonymous Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Points: 34,122, Level: 26 Points: 34,122, Level: 26 Points: 34,122, Level: 26

Pain after IM shot (buttock area) - September 24th 2020, 12:41 PM

[SIZE="a"]Hey, so I get IM shots every month and the nurses always inject in the buttock area because I have ugly scarring across both my thighs.

I got my shot yesterday and even though nothing felt different than usual when the nurse stabbed me, I began to feel pain from the injection site to my knee some hours after. My foot also feels weird. As if I had some sort of mini cramp.

Last night wasn't one of my best: sitting hurts and laying hurts too. I limp horribly because of the pain, especially when I haven't moved for some time. I'm sitting right now and it takes a lot of time to be able to walk pretty normally again after getting up. I can't raise my leg very high.

If this information could be useful, I broke a vertebra some years ago and it didn't heal properly (I went to the hospital, they didn't see the fracture, so they sent me back home and since I was still in pain eight months later, they made me take X-rays again and oh, a fracture!). I've been mildly limping ever since and I lost a bit of “feeling”/coordination in my legs. Perhaps it plays a role. The fractured one is the twelfth dorsal vertebra.

Should I be worried/tell my parents? I'm nineteen btw. And male.[/size]