View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
TH Anonymous Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Points: 34,122, Level: 26 Points: 34,122, Level: 26 Points: 34,122, Level: 26

Dating app photos and self-harm scars (TW) - October 7th 2020, 08:45 PM

[SIZE="a"]Although dating have pretty much died down die to COVID, I still am interested in forming relationships of a romantic nature. For years, I have mostly met potential partners using dating apps/sites. Obviously on these sites one posts photos of themselves in their profile, and I am no exception. However, I've encountered a problem: I now have self-harm scars on my face that are quite obvious. These happened several months ago and they are fading a little, but they're still rather prominent.

I am not sure, now, what to do about pictures on my profiles. On the one hand, I don't want to post photos of my face and turn people off before they get to know me. On the other hand, I don't want people to feel I deceived them. I told one person after we'd been talking a while and showed them a picture and they said it wasn't terrible, so maybe that's the best way to go about it? I am not sure. I am just convinced everyone is going to think I am ugly now, between being overweight and having a scarred face. I am afraid I will never find love again.

Any suggestions as to what to do?[/size]