View Single Post
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Ennui. Offline
Living the dream.

TeenHelp Superstar

Name: Dez
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 172,635, Level: 59 Points: 172,635, Level: 59 Points: 172,635, Level: 59

Re: Male doctors examining women's private parts - October 19th 2020, 01:58 AM

I don't know if you'd think that this is the same or not, but my OBGYN identifies as female and she is also a lesbian. She has a wife, who I am assuming she's had some sort of sexual encounter with, and with being a lesbian comes liking vaginas. She's never treated me inappropriately and had actually been a lot more compassionate than a lot of the providers who I have had who I think are heterosexual females. She was the first to really take me seriously and also the first to ask me my orientation.

I personally don't like male doctors examining me for physicals or OBGYN exams but that's just a personal thing where I like having people who have the same parts examining me. I My mom on the other hand has had male providers for most of her life up until recently and has never once been treated poorly. Her GYN and his son delivered my sister and me, and she had a male primary care provider until he retired. But of course, that's anecdotal.

I've also seen a lot of people who have said that they've found male GYNs to be gentler and more compassionate than the female GYNs they've seen.

Remember that anyone can be a perpetrator of sexual misconduct, not just male-identifying doctors. Additionally, it's not just OBGYNs that commit misconduct. It's unfortunate whenever anyone does it because they are in a position of power, but it is not limited to male-identifying people or people in the GYN profession.

Like someone said above, GYN exams are nooooot pleasant. I have a condition called vaginismus so mine are downright painful, but for a lot of people they're at least uncomfortable and you're talking about sexual topics. The doctors aren't touching you in the same way as someone would touch you if you're having sex. They're feeling for abnormalities.

So, while some people prefer either AFAB or AMAB doctors, it's not super weird that an AMAB doctor is in the GYN profession.

Do you ever get a little bit tired of life
Like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die
Like you're hanging by a thread but you gotta survive
'Cause you gotta survive
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 1356936 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!