Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I've been here a while

Name: Sarah

Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31

Re: Presidential Election. - November 6th 2020, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Bibliophile:. View Post
I am curious what people think about Trump and his supporters now?

Don Jr posted on Twitter stating they should go to total war over the results: https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost....-election/amp/

Bannon got banned from Twitter: https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...ion/index.html

There are Trump supporters at the elections offices and some are armed: https://theintercept.com/2020/11/05/...es-rumors-fly/

How have BLM been condemned and this is okay? How can anyone condone this?
I watch a lot of his live press conferences and keep up with his Tweets. I already have a low opinion of him.

Given that the current standing is 253 to 214... it's starting to show in his behaviour. He tells people he wants the counting to stop (which... you know... would mean he loses the election. What a smart president!). He wants to stop the count. He claim that mail-in ballots are plagued with illegal ballots and that there are 'mystery ballots' (what???). He started filing lawsuits because of unsupported claims of illegal ballots and so on. He holds a press conference, to which, I believe for the first time ever, he didn't even bother to stay for questions. He just read off some panicked script he came up with and dashed off. As Jim Acosta rightfully asked him, 'Are you a sore loser?' - He is. He's panicking so hard that he realises he has a huge chance to lose the election, and how he's pulling anything and everything out of his behind to put fear into his fans.

It's really quit shameful, manipulating his fanbase into believing that a democratic system of mail-in ballots should be abolished just because the Democrat supporters primarily used it. How is that democracy? That's just control. In addition, Trump was a user of mail-in ballots. Now he wants to get rid of them just because his opponent's supporters use them far more? Further, from what I understand, the reason why democratic supporters used mail-in ballots more, was because those supporting democrats saw Coronavirus as a threat, and didn't want to risk catching it, which was why there was a considerably higher amount of them this year.

All in all, the man is behaving like a manchild. He's throwing his toys out of the pram because he realises he's finished if Pennsylvania turns blue. It was greatly anticipated he'd moan about fake or illegal ballots. As soon as something goes wrong, he blows up like a whiny child. But then I don't expect much from the guy who compared America to Germany and said how Americans who die of cancer should have COVID on their death certificate 'so they can get more money'. At this point it's basically endorsing the benefit of dying of corona, and caring about money rather than a human life.
4 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.