Thread: Non-PG13: Trauma?
View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Ennui. Offline
Living the dream.

TeenHelp Superstar

Name: Dez
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 172,777, Level: 59 Points: 172,777, Level: 59 Points: 172,777, Level: 59

Re: Trauma? - November 30th 2020, 11:53 PM

Hi there,

I am so sorry to hear that you are struggling with this!

You said that you were both very young when this experimenting took place. Believe it or not, it is actually natural for little kids to be curious about their bodies and the bodies of other people and want to explore them, such as by "playing doctor," or through other means. Some examples of when it would be problematic include if either one of you was acting out due to child abuse, there was anger involved, there was an age gap where one of you was much older, or if either of you were harming the other. But, young children do engage in exploration in this way.

Since you were both young when this happened, I don't think you will get arrested since kids do innocently explore like this. I'd see it as an issue if you were a teen or adult when this happened, but not with two little kids.

It is possible that your neighbor doesn't even remember this has happened. If you want, you can talk to them, but consider whether or not this will do more harm than good. You can let your neighbor know that you remember what happened when you two were younger and ask if everything is all right. This is only optional, of course.

But, I don't think you'll get arrested for this and it doesn't make you a bad person! Experimentation is definitely normal for a lot of people during their childhood, and it sounds like that is what happened here.

Best of luck!
Dez

Do you ever get a little bit tired of life
Like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die
Like you're hanging by a thread but you gotta survive
'Cause you gotta survive