View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount53 Offline
Librarian
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Wendi

Points: 10,282, Level: 14 Points: 10,282, Level: 14 Points: 10,282, Level: 14

Special Chocolate Desserts - December 10th 2020, 03:02 PM

Throughout the year which 'Covid lockdown' gave us the greatest opportunity, Jules and I have made all of these chocolate-based desserts, but unanimously agree that the first 5 are truly outstanding! Jules (my nickname for identical twin Julie) has helped me with the spelling and grammar. All recipes came from BBC Good Food, but wouldn't find any other recipe that matched Marcel Desaulniers' Frozen Chocolate Mousse Bombe! (which will be last).

I've never been keen on posting links mostly because some break, and then you lovely people would be without the recipes! So I'm going to post each recipe up with the link so as to ratify said links are authentic.

I may add to this thread of recipes, depending if I can find more even if they aren't chocolate, will be most deffo tried and tested. Without doubt though, all chocolate lovers will be in for a treat!

First Best: Squidgy chocolate pear pudding (using canned pears)
Reference 1: https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/...e-pear-pudding

Reference 2: Recipe from Good Food magazine, November 2014

Ingredients:
200g butter, plus extra for greasing

300g golden caster sugar 4
large eggs

75g plain flour

50g cocoa powder

410g can pear halves in juice, drained

100g plain dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids)

25g flaked almonds (optional)

cream or ice cream to serve

Step One.
Heat oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5. Lightly grease a roughly 20 x 30cm shallow ovenproof dish. Put the butter in a large saucepan and place over a low heat until just melted. Remove the butter from the heat and stir in the sugar until well combined.

Step Two.
Whisk the eggs together in a large bowl. Gradually add the eggs to the butter and sugar, beating well with a wooden spoon in between each addition. Sift the flour and cocoa powder on top of the egg mixture, then beat hard with a wooden spoon until thoroughly combined.

Step Three.
Pour into the prepared tin or dish and nestle the pears into the chocolate batter. Put the chocolate on a board and cut into chunky pieces roughly 1.5cm with a large knife. Scatter the chocolate pieces over the batter and sprinkle with almonds, if you like. Can be frozen at this stage.

Step Four.
Bake in the centre of the oven for 30 mins or until the mixture is crusty on the surface and lightly cooked inside. Do not allow to overcook, as the cake will become spongy rather than gooey in the centre. Serve warm with cream or ice cream.

TIPS
Wrap the cooled, unbaked pudding tightly in foil, label and freeze for up to 1 month. To serve, unwrap the pudding and bake from frozen as above in step 4 for 50 mins.