Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I've been here a while

Name: Sarah

Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31

Re: Corona Virus. - December 14th 2020, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoons View Post
I'm doing contact tracing so I should be in the second round of vaccines in my state.

If your area does contact tracing, please, please be nice to the contact tracers and answer what they are asking of you. I'm a contact tracer and in my state we ask how you're feeling and if you need any help, and ask who you've been in contact to and if you've been anywhere like a school or restaurant so we can take appropriate action. We also tell people when they've been exposed to someone with Covid. We ask them to isolate for 10 days if they're positive or 14 days if they've been just exposed. It's for everyone's health that we get information like contacts.

Please answer us when we call, and try to be nice! I get it's scary, but we're truly trying to help you. We don't tell anyone that you're the one who is positive and everything stays confidential. We just want to slow the spread.
We have similar going on here in the UK. I'm not sure how I would respond to someone calling me for contact tracing. I think it would depend on how busy I am. If I'm currently dealing with a client and genuinely don't have the time to respond, I would likely see if the caller could call at X time, or just let them know I can't take the call at present.

My only concern is, what if I'm told I've been in contact with somebody who has it and that I must self-isolate for 10-14 days? Not everybody can take that amount of time off. For somebody like me, all those days off can literally mean I'm throwing away so much money that's used to help me support my family.

During the time my assistant manager caught it, I was in the office with her a few days prior to her being tested. Exactly 1 week from when I was in the office with her, I noticed I had a slight shortness of breath when trying to perform cardiovascular exercise. I couldn't get a full breath of air but I never thought much on it. I just put it down to the fact I was on inhalers as a child and maybe it was related to it. I did consider that perhaps I'd caught Covid, and felt like I was stuck with a dilemma; either report that I feel a little out of breath when I normally wouldn't, or keep it to myself.

It's quite awkward for those of us who do want to help support the slowing of the spread, but we also have to work or we have no home to go back to.
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 1373440 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!