View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
ladoglover Offline
Banned
Average Joe

Points: 6,485, Level: 11 Points: 6,485, Level: 11 Points: 6,485, Level: 11

Re: Mental health well, wanting to volunteer here - December 18th 2020, 01:10 AM

Of course I wouldn't say that to my clients face. In side me though it would be frustrating to know that I know this person could try harder and they aren't. Also be frustrating when I know it seems there running to the hospital for every little thing which is coming off as they like being mentally ill and like the attention they get at the mental hospital. It seems that way because they really have nothing to be severely depressed about therefore it seems the times they say I have been having suicidal thoughts lately or whatever is really just to get put in the mental hospital again because they like the attention and caring they get from the mental hospital. Yes, they might be having suicidal thoughts but since they really have nothing to be severely depressed about then the thoughts are probably mild I feel and the patient can seriously using coping skills to deal with them and they will just pass instead of making them bigger what they are to get put in a mental hospital.

I am scared to be blunt but sometimes it is needed and being blunt does not mean uncaring if you say it in a caring way.

I just finished a year of grad school.2 years or 2 years and a half to go.

Yes, I usually say I am feeling so horrible to get some caring and compassion. Also, I say it so the people that hurt me on here feel horrible for how they treated me. Also, so people feel badly that I'm banned from chat. I have BPD and so its hard to explain. Even though it seems intentional because I know what I'm doing and manipulative its not. Its not intentional in the way people think of intentional in that I'm being bad, manipulative and so on. I'm not. I'm trying to get my needs met in the only way I know how or feel that I could get my needs met. Also wanting some one to feel bad for hurting me well that's the only way I know how to get that need met of wanting some one to truly know they hurt me because when I say you have hurt me it doesn't seem to be enough to satisfy me that they got they hurt me.

If its in caps and lots of sad faces it usually means I'm really upset about the situation but not major depression or anything and I'm wanting someone to validate my feeling, show me caring and compassion therefore I will exaggerate how I feel.

If I write how im feeling in a post in no caps and it seems to be well written then most likely its true what im feeling not exaggerated in any way .

LOL now you know my secret. Well its not a secret just why I do what I do.

I'm really not severely depressed. I am doing well. I am lonely that is true. I deal with persistent depression mild all my life so that's nothing new. I am doing well. I have started a job at home. I am very lonely. I am in grad school. I haven't made any friends. This semester was online because of covid. Next semester I do not know yet if it wil be online or not . I just kind of right now just stay home with my dog, watch tv, sleep, eat, do chores, play games and so on. Not much. No friends and no bf.

Okay Ill look at that book. Yes, I agree we has humans tend to think others may think the way we do but is important to realize everyone is different. It can be hard for me at times to remember that. Sometimes its just unconsciously it happens without realizing it. Yes, my big heart and compassion sometimes comes off too strong.

Last edited by ladoglover; December 18th 2020 at 02:57 AM.