View Single Post
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Allyson Wood Offline
Average Joe

Points: 5,350, Level: 10 Points: 5,350, Level: 10 Points: 5,350, Level: 10

Re: How do you deal your depression right now? - December 23rd 2020, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pork Chops View Post

Allyson, you have your doctor to discuss your worries with over the phone. Even I took advice from mine and she thanked me. She said "'Take a day at a time, and be strong throughout it. Be strong for your family and friends and to self-care.'"

Thank you for appreciation. Try not to watch TV national news except for essential government announcements. The nations are going through a rough time as we head into winter. But take time looking after yourself so the depression cannot 'feed' on your anxiety.

I knit; it concentrates my mind. I knit hats and have an antique sock making contraption, and take orders for winter socks for income. And jumpers. I look out for my twin, make sure she's comfy and cared for. I like being busy so my addled mind doesn't better me.

We have You Tube to entertain us. Legs for taking walks around the park. I've learnt lots about bushcraft from You Tube. There's always something to do, Allyson, if we seek it.
Yes, I'll remember what you said. I also read books or some random articles on the internet. I found this recently https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7458054/ this helps me to lessen the depression that I currently have right now.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.