View Single Post
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Allyson Wood Offline
Average Joe

Points: 5,350, Level: 10 Points: 5,350, Level: 10 Points: 5,350, Level: 10

Re: How do you deal your depression right now? - December 28th 2020, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pork Chops View Post

You beat me to recommending that link! I've already saved it and intended sharing how very it is!

I'm presently reading Mind Over Mood: Change How You Feel by Changing the Way You Think by Dennis Greenberger PhD. It's the 2nd edition though I have the 1st that went into print 3 years ago. It's an easy read with useful worksheets to plot and plan one's actions.

The book details about our moods and anger (if any) and how our thoughts tend to be the reason of feeling the way we do. In this 2nd edition is a chapter on anxiety that has been updated, although I would have wanted more details on Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD).

Though I don't suffer anxiety very much these days, only recently since Covid has become more prevalent, I've felt a general sense of unease, but recognised my worry to be more localized as this virus continues spreading. I don't allow anxiety to feature, more with thanks to this book for helping me work through a problem and take the guidance so to allow myself to feel so much better.

This book has been beneficial to me to work through issues rather that allow myself to be stuck in a rut, thereby allowing the root of anxiety to take hold again. Not flipping likely! So Mind Over Mood has been very effective indeed!
Oh, I don't know that you will actually give me some links also. I am amazed at my self
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.