View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I've been here a while

Name: Sarah

Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31

Re: Can't express anger - December 30th 2020, 12:54 PM

Out of personal personal observation, I find that human beings are actually extremely hypocritical in nature, though much of the time we're actually very unaware of this. We ask people to tell us how they feel, and when they do, we end up not wanting to hear/read/talk about it.

Though TeenHelp is a teen support forum, like many other forums I have been affiliated with, it has a certain culture about it. While we're encouraged to express ourselves, there is a limit to how much we can and cannot express because we must remember that this forum is intended for support. Support comes in a variety of ways. We can vent our problems, we can make angry posts about things that have bothered us, we can use HelpLINK, Live Help, or PM members and/or staff for extra assistance. However, with all these methods of support, there is a way in which they should be written. Behind all those recipients is a human being on the other end.

While it's 100% ok to express anger, we must also remember that anger takes many forms. For example:

Expressing anger...

to someone about someone else.
about something to someone.
to someone about them.
about something/someone to yourself.

The ways in which the above expressions of anger have a direction. For example, last night I couldn't sleep because I felt anger over an old manager at work and the way he treated me. This morning I saw my mother and expressed anger to her about him. The dynamic in which anger was expressed, wasn't at her about the old manager, but to her.

When we express anger, whether it be written or verbally, the way in which it is expressed is often the most difficult part. Understanding how to express anger effectively, to get your point across whilst having others understand the direction of that anger is what people find most difficult.

To summarise, it's perfectly ok to express anger. There's no question about it. But it is the way it is expressed that may be your problem.

In the past, a lot of other members and staff have suggested that you start using the Blogs feature this site uses. I think it's a very good idea. Express your anger there. That's exactly what it's for! Again, it's perfectly ok to express anger, but keep in mind what direction you're aiming your anger at. If you're angry at somebody to someone else, think of the way you're being angry and what words you're using. Depending on the way you express and word anger, it can be construed as you being angry at them even if this genuinely isn't the case.

In the event you do feel angry or frustrated, you're more than welcome to leave me a VM or send me a PM. I can't promise I'll respond right away, but I always reply to messages the best I can.
2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.