(#1 (permalink)) Old
Resilient Offline
HelpLINK Officer

Senior TeenHelper

Name: Court
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 27,349, Level: 23 Points: 27,349, Level: 23 Points: 27,349, Level: 23

My Mom - January 2nd 2021, 05:23 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of death or grieving, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

My mom isn’t doing good. Because of COVID. They are going to put her on a ventilator this evening if she doesn’t get good lab work results. She’s scared and I can’t go in the ICU to see and comfort her because of the COVID. I just don’t know what to do in this situation. I’ve been trying to be strong and keeping everything together. She made me the final decider on her health if she becomes incapacitated so once they vent her I take charge of her well-being. I’m scared. I mean, I know her wishes and I will follow through with them but if the time comes to say goodbye I’m going to be so upset. I wish I could do something for her, but I can’t even video chat or call her because she can’t talk from all of the oxygen she’s on. This is huge and I am just having a hard time with it.

We think that my sister got it from work, because she works at the hospital as a housekeeper on the covid unit, and passed it on to mom. This is horrible because she feels terrible. I’ve explained to her though that she didn’t do it on purpose but she still feels bad.

Dad is sick too and he isn’t able to help with anything so it has been up to me to keep us afloat. I took leave from work and my sister is going to try to go back to work but because my mom is in the hospital she works at she isn’t sure if she can.

Please keep me and my family in your thoughts, and if you believe, prayers. We need all the support we can get.

Resilient
1. (of a person or animal) able to withstand or recover quickly from difficult conditions.
2. (of a substance or object) able to recoil or spring back into shape after bending, stretching, or being compressed.

We all possess resilience, we just need to realize it.

Lead Moderator | HelpLINK Officer