Thread: Non-PG13 (Strong Language): Screaming thread.
View Single Post
  (#9123 (permalink)) Old
Unregistered

Edit avatar

Re: Screaming thread. - January 11th 2021, 02:48 AM

[FONT=""][COLOR=""][SIZE=""][FONT=""][COLOR=""][SIZE=""][FONT=""][COLOR=""][SIZE=""]I don’t want to work. I don’t want a career. I don’t want to sell my soul for money, sacrifice my life, or waste good years that I’ll never get back. I don’t want to be exploited or just some cog in someone else’s machine. I don’t even want to be the machine. I don’t want to work. I don’t think any kind of work will give me any great meaning in my life. It's foolish that society equates work with worth, success, and fulfillment. People are praised for learning “work skills” and “career building” as if that’s the be-all-end all of a good and prosperities life. To me, it isn’t. It’s wasting away in some office cubicle punching the same numbers, going into the same building selling the same things, pumping out the same art over and over again. That’s not how I want to live and that’s not the air I want to breathe. I don’t want the pressure of trying to stay relevant and not get fired. I don’t want my entire life and entire identity tied to what I do to survive. I don’t want to work. I don’t want to feed this toxic system and culture that’s so ingrained in our society. And yet, I still feel like a POS for it all. For not doing anything or not changing the world when I know I can. For just sitting on my behind all day and feeling sorry for myself. I want to do something but I can’t because when I try, all I think is “oh maybe I can do this for work.” Then it scares me because it’s work and it’s no longer for me, it’s for a profit. Even the dreams I thought I had, the work I thought I’d be happy doing, I don’t want it anymore. Because it’s work. Because it’s something I have to do. It sickens me knowing I have to if I want to stay alive. If I work, if I sell my soul, I waste my time when I could be free. I really wish I didn’t feel this way. I wish I didn’t know so much. Dive so deep. I wish I just kept buying into the myth I was sold all my life. I happier then. I don’t know anymore. At this point I don’t want to be anything, I just want to be.[/size][/color][/font][/size][/color][/font][/size][/color][/font]
2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.