View Single Post
  (#21 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Robert

Points: 25,205, Level: 22 Points: 25,205, Level: 22 Points: 25,205, Level: 22

Re: Trump supporters stormed the capital - January 11th 2021, 10:23 PM

I'm already seeing my conservative family members on Facebook throwing out conspiracy theories about how Antifa instigated the riots. The terrorists are literally out there SAYING that the reason they did this was because Trump goaded them into doing it and/or they're Oathkeepers/Proudboys/QAnon. They had literally been PLANNING this event on the internet (Twitter, Parler, probably others), set for January 6th, to force Congress to accept Trump as president and hang opposing politicians as traitors- and now they're online saying it was their enemies who did that. They didn't skip a beat. I dont know what percentage it is, but a giant portion of American conservatives are completely brainwashed.
I'm so sick of politics in this country. I would like to listen to reasonable ideological views and arguments from people and politicians to try and figure out how to best fix problems in this country. But how can you fix the country at all when a giant percentage of the population lives in a completely different reality?