View Single Post
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: Bipolar II Screening - January 21st 2021, 10:03 AM

0i was diagnosed around 2007 or 2008. I had another screening in 2009 or 2010 when I started seeing a new therapist.

Alot of the question relate to asking about mania... Do you ever feel euphoric... Go a few days without sleeping... High risk behavior etc. I don't remember everything because It was so long ago.

I do know that bipolar II is misdiagnosed all the time. They originally diagnosed me with Major Depressive Disorder until my dad explained her had Bipokr II and I was exhibiting a lot of the same symptoms. The mood stabilizer they put me on helped a ton but I was never successful at finding an anti depressant that worked. There was one we used that worked but had a 75 copay or something like that. It also gave me health issues like high blood pressure and high cholesterol.

My psychiatrist has told me that treating bipolar depression is really hard. There's also the added complexity that for a lot of people with bipolar SSRI's make mania worse. I've never had that issue and I'm not sure if that's because of my diagnosis or because meds don't tend to effect me that negatively

Sorry I can't answer specific questions about screening.