View Single Post
  (#27 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount53 Offline
Librarian
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Wendi

Points: 10,282, Level: 14 Points: 10,282, Level: 14 Points: 10,282, Level: 14

Re: What helps you feel calm? - January 23rd 2021, 12:04 PM

Mindfulness can be relaxing when we turn our concentration to searching on Google for your favourite food recipes. Also, you could imagine your safe space, such as being up in a tree house, or sitting in a verdant green forest glade surrounded by trees.

My Noise combined with

Rain Today

These sites are owned by the same doctor who designed them. They use pre-recorded white noise, which you either link to your phone (Android or iOs) and / or computer so those sites can gradually reduce noise distraction in your home, or even help those with Tinnitus.

Those two links will dramatically aid sleep, such as Irish Coastline, or the beach, or rain, or the sound of non-threatening distant thunder.

You could also consider buying a weighted blankets; they come in various bed sizes. My twin Julie and I have a weighted blanket.

Also, there are incredible useful for those who have ADHD. Weighted blankets are best chosen to be 10% of your body weight, but it doesn't have to be an exact science, because our bodies adjust quite effortlessly, and nighttime anxiety is amazingly reduced. Julie doesn't get nearly as many upsetting nightmares. She sleeps like a log and wakes refreshed, hardly ever moving while asleep under these blankets.

Here are 30 Grounding Techniques To Quiet Distressing Thoughts from

Heathline.com

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” - Thomas A. Edison.

Thomas Edison tried over two thousand times to invent the lightbulb.
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 1355266 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!