View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I've been here a while

Name: Sarah

Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31

Re: Build Up. - January 26th 2021, 09:04 AM

I'm glad that you chose to post and write out how you feel. I don't work two jobs per se, but I work in a gym as a fitness coach, and as a personal trainer. I spend 6 days a week in the gym. I only ever get a break on Sunday. The 6 days I do work, sometimes I can be there for 10+ hours a day. Especially if I have to get up early to prep and travel to work, meet a client in the morning, and then finish at 10 PM. By the time I get home it can be gone 11 PM. By the time I have dinner and talk to my mum, it's past 12 AM and I'm well and truly ready for bed. Then the cycle begins all over again. I don't earn a great amount but its enough to keep me going. For me, I earn as much as the effort I put in, and as much as people are willing to part with. Given the pandemic, it's not a lot, so I'm often living from payment to payment trying to pay for my expenditures and support my family. Overall, I completely understand and know exactly how you feel.

It's incredibly tiring having to do all the things you do. I think you've worked extremely well, and for 10 years in that industry. That kind of experience is valuable.

What kind of job would you be more interested in? Is it one that relates more towards your hobbies and interests? Or is it just something that gets you out of your current job?

Have you spoken to any friends and family about how you're feeling? I understand that as you work a lot you may not be able to chat with them face-to-face, but what about giving them a message or something and see what they come up with? What about any family friends that may be hiring, or know anyone that may be hiring?

Another thing you could consider is having a look into some job agencies. Or try putting your CV online and on as many sites as you possibly can to try and get some advertisement of yourself.

I expect you've already considered these options, but I thought I'd mention just in case you haven't.