View Single Post
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
Unregistered

Edit avatar

Re: Bipolar II Screening - February 3rd 2021, 01:56 AM

[FONT=""][COLOR=""][SIZE=""]If your taking an antidepressant and do not get mania or hypomania on it then you probably do not have bipolar. You say you have bipolar but then you say you take an antidepressant and are fine on an antidepressant therefore you are not bipolar. If you seriously had bipolar then you would get manic or hypomanic while your taking an antidepressant. That tells you right there that you really do not have bipolar.

If you seriously had bipolar you wouldn't be doing well on an antidepressant and if you seriously had bipolar you wouldn't be able to handle your stressful job and school well. You seem to handle school and and your stressful job off meds or with just an antidepressant therefore that's indication you do not have bipolar. Some one with bipolar off meds and or on an antidepressant would struggle with trying to do school and a stressful job. Oh and you say you never sleep but there is no indication to me that you have mentioned that your experiencing hypomania and mania therefore another indication your not bipolar. Not sleeping causes people that have bipolar to experience more likely mania or hypomania. If you rarely sleep and truly had bipolar then you would be experiencing hypomanic and or manic symptoms from never sleeping but your not. You seemed burnout but that can happen to any one and is not related to bipolar.

In my experience psychiatrist do not diagnose properly and are way to quick to diagnose which means soo many people get mis diagnosed and over diagnosed. I had one psychiatrist on my first day meeting her she said your talking fast so you have bipolar . I was like umm you can not diagnose bipolar that quickly well I guess you could but its not right. I was like i have only known you for literally 20 min and you seriously are diagnosing with bipolar that quickly. I was like bye. Talking fast is a symptom of so many other things and disorders therefore she shouldn't have just jumped to its bipolar. She should have properly diagnosed which means taking more time to come to a diagnosis.

If you get diagnosed with bipolar they usually have you drugged up on powerful psychiatric drugs so be careful wanting to be diagnosed. It s not something you want to have. Be truthful and honest about your symptoms and how long they last. Advocate for yourself as well. You should know if you truly have bipolar or not. You should know if you truly get manic and or hypomanic or not.[/size][/color][/font]