View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I've been here a while

Name: Sarah

Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31

Re: One of my best friends died last night - February 9th 2021, 11:45 PM

It's never easy when we lose someone extremely close to us, whether it be family or friend. I understand how difficult a time it can be for you right now, lean on your family for support. That is what they are there for.

Though I have never lost a close friend, I have lost family. Grief takes many forms and though how they present themselves is different to each individual. I remember when a member of my family died. I was away at the time stopping over at someone else's house when they woke me, showed me a text message, and suddenly my life was forever changed.

I understand you may have a lot of negative thoughts going on in your head. You worry your friend truly committed suicide and now they are gone forever. It's hard not to think about all the negative things that will then circulate around their passing.

Although distractions are short-term, they are not a bad thing. You've mentioned that you're on vacation, so try and take your mind off the situation by doing something you enjoy. If I recall, in another thread you mentioned fishing. Though fishing can be a slow process depending on the method used, it can also be quite relaxing and allow you to continue spending time with your family.

If this doesn't help, see if you can distract yourself through other means such as self-expression. Music, writing such as in a journal or blog, painting, and drawing can all be used to help express how you feel, but also help you to process the emotions you're feeling.

Take each day as it comes, and don't forget that we're here for you at TeenHelp.