View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount53 Offline
Librarian
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Wendi

Points: 10,282, Level: 14 Points: 10,282, Level: 14 Points: 10,282, Level: 14

I need guidance suggestions for Tommy - February 13th 2021, 02:46 PM

There is no doubt that our 12 year old little sister is way ahead of her years and not just academically. Tommy is highly motivated, but at times contemplative and quiet which I think is good.

Throughout our voyage she's been reading Lisa Damour's books Untangled and Under Pressure, excellent reading but both books were originally written for adults. But also loving listing to music on her 'player, through headphones, and learning to play my Martin acoustic D-28

When we come home from vacation, we will be requesting one-to-one tutoring at her new school, the school of which she's looking forward to starting, I'm pleased to say. But we are wondering if we need, Julie and I, to give our little sister further guidance. Or maybe it would be better if she continues joining us in our outdoor pursuits. We don't want to cram her too much. There again, she's highly motivated so may be best left to her own devices.

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” - Thomas A. Edison.

Thomas Edison tried over two thousand times to invent the lightbulb.