View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I've been here a while

Name: Sarah

Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31

Re: We’re “just friends”, but I don’t want to be – and I don’t think he does either - February 16th 2021, 02:00 PM

Firstly, I'm so very sorry you haven't had a reply in almost two months!

I don't know if your situation has changed since, so I'll reply the best I can based on what information you've given at the time of writing.

Your situation sounds absolutely horrifying. The fact you had to deny your feelings solely to prevent bullying. Children can be incredibly cruel!

While I'm glad to hear that the bullying has since stopped, I can certainly understand why you'd feel cautious in trying for something more than just friends. The fear of bullying must have had quite an effect on you.

If you haven't already, I don't think there would be any harm in expressing how you feel to him privately. After all, no one but you and he will know, and who knows where it may take you?

In the event you both agree to become more than just friends, I don't think keeping your relationship private is a bad thing. After all, you have a huge bullying concern. I have to wonder though, why exactly were those children bullying you both in the first place? Surely there must have been a specific reason beyond them just making their own entertainment?

However you choose to proceed, it's entirely up to you and your friend how open or private you keep the situation. It's not as though it's anyone's business but what's between the two of you.