Thread: Triggering (Abuse): I cant tell if im being abused or not
View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
GoldenSparrow Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 813, Level: 4 Points: 813, Level: 4 Points: 813, Level: 4

I cant tell if im being abused or not - February 23rd 2021, 12:35 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of rape or abuse, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Ever since ive went to live with my mom shes been manipulative and somewhat narcissistic. She would scream at me if i was hungry and ate a big lunch and made me cry a lot and when i came out as trans and then non binary she openly admitted to me that she didn't think i was trans and aways wanted a son. shes also been calling me a waste of time and a total failure while giving me the choice of college or the military while trying to force me to join the navy. I've never been hit or physically abused but i feel like what im dealing with isn't abuse and is simply her trying to be a mom but shes also guilt tripped me multiple times when i hang out with friends or try to go outside she keeps me in. Am I being over dramatic or is this something that is serious? because i cant tell if this is a form of abuse or not. and i feel like if i ran away it would make it worse and make me look like a terrible teenager. I dont feel like i have control over my life anymore and i cant do the things i enjoy cause i feel like my mom just pushes it aside and thinks i shouldn't do it. And now when i look back it feels like she only cares about my grades now more than my mental health and the last time i tried to talk about my emotions she sent me to a hospital because of my anger problems and im scared to tell my friends that my mom sounds bad because she says it will make her look like a bad parent. she doesn't do it daily but its kinda frequent but the fact that i cant tell the difference scares me because I feel like if i confront her sheŽll play victim and act like im not grateful please help because i keep having thoughts about running away and it feels stupid for me to do so.