Sprite-1 Offline
Banned
Average Joe

Name: Tommy

Points: 3,066, Level: 8 Points: 3,066, Level: 8 Points: 3,066, Level: 8

Re: My sister's condition - March 10th 2021, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Radio Flyer~ View Post
I'm so glad Julie is feeling better. I'm concerned that as a 13 year old you're being put as Julie's carer. That to me sounds unsettling. Wendi told us you're 13 years old. You are still a child. I'm confused as to why this is such a good idea. Wendi had been Julie's caregiver in the past and I didn't quite understand why. I mean I understand your parents are not around but it sounds like she needs a professional aide as a carer and for you to simply be her younger sister aka being yourself without any burden should be all that is asked of you.

I apologize if this is offensive in any way. I just been parentified way too much to not feel unsettled by this. I was put in charge to raise my siblings when I my self was 6 years old which was highly traumatic for me. While this is my personal experience, I know the research on child development. In addition, it would be one thing to help out as a sister or to keep her company but being put as a caregiver is an entirely different task.

Wishing you all the best.

Hi Violet

It would take a lot for me to be offended so no worries. And in part I understand your concerns regarding your parents at one time, but I had a rough past which made me learn how to help others, and myself included. I'm deliberately not giving out too much information to protect my past, and, present.

The reason why Wendi is not being Julie's carer anymore is because she started a job recently as head librarian at a private library in the Grimaldi Palace establishment, of which there are many buildings within the small area that Monaco is.

Wendi assumed that because one of her American friends, also 13, is a carer to her mum, and there are other junior carers similarly, but in the UK. I presume Wendi knew the legalities of having a young care giver legally allowed, so neither she or I thought any more about. Fact is, Julie will be getting a full time carer, letting me off my obligations the day she's discharged from hospital this Saturday, allowing me return to school the following Monday.

Wendi has promised not to read my postings in the forum, but I don't care either way. She quickly realised that I won't allow her to boss me around. Or, talk down to me. The last lady who lived here was bossy, and she I fought and because she smacked me, and not just once, I dealt with her and she ended up on the floor. She left next morning for Paris.

I remember being 7 years old. Living with a father who loved drinking made me learn to live beneath his radar. I'll not say any more, except I learnt First Aid because it was a necessity.

I've missed much of my childhood. I haven't had a happy childhood. But I loved my mum Anna and she adored me. In narcissistic terminology, I was 'the golden child'. Whereas Wendi and her twin Julie had their reasons not to and hate her to this day.

Presently, Wendi is going through emotional problems and hasn't spoken much to me since I taught her respect. She is seeing a therapist, like Julie had in the past whereas I'm seeing a counsellor who specializes in helping young teenagers. I've had several sessions. Some with tears, some with smiles. The sessions are every 10 days. Just so you know.

Sorry if I haven't explained myself well enough, but I've only popped into TeenHelp for a few minutes with a cuppa and a cookie before returning to the slog of online schooling and then I'll be starting another batch of homework.

I'll be back later because there is a long awaiting private message for me, and I'll need to think deeply (as I always do) before writing an intelligible reply. Just bear in mind that by the end of my day my brain is mush from too much schooling.

I love school. It's a joy! Honestly though I'd much rather be schooling at home than sitting in a class full of snarky spoilt girls. One of them who thinks I'm beneath her has a Chanel clutch bag to hold her pens and pencils. Ridiculous some? But it is hoped that the school headmistress may put me in a higher class because the curriculum may be better suited for what I want to do for a career. I hope I get moved. Then I won't need to wait out of sight of school CCTV cameras to teach that drama queen some manners. (I love a good scrap. But I fight dirty).

I've got to dash. Do please PM me, but I'm having to be slow with answering because I'm just so tired. Which answers your question, does it not?

Cheers!

Tommy.

Last edited by Sprite-1; March 10th 2021 at 12:27 PM. Reason: 3 typos.