View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Jennaholt Offline
Not a n00b

Points: 9,332, Level: 14 Points: 9,332, Level: 14 Points: 9,332, Level: 14

My friend would hate me if he knew I was bisexual - March 11th 2021, 10:24 AM

My friend (also my coach) just recently stated that he hates queer people and that he would kill them if he could. I explained to him that it's normal and not a choice. And he said that I may be right but it just disgusts him that 2 people of the same sex could kiss each other/have sex with each other. Again, I said it's their lives and that he has no right to comment on who they are attracted to. He said that my explanation was fair enough.
But 2 days later, he brought it up while we were having a conversation and he again said, "I hate gays/lesbians. I just want to kill all of them." He adores me as a person and also as a student. I'm the "teacher's pet."
So I told him that I'm bi - half jokingly and half coming out. And asked him if he would kill me too, since he adores me so much.
He lost it. He was like you can't be serious, tell me that you're kidding. I know you're joking but please I need to hear you say that you're not bi.
I told him to relax and that he needn't react that way. He said that he knows I'm straight but that he just needed to hear that. At this point, I told him it was a joke. And then he was relieved.
Next day at class, he was himself but I couldn't shake the thought of him hating me. Everytime he spoke to me and told me how well I'm doing, all I could think was that he would hate me if he knew the truth.

I've never struggled with coming out before - also because everyone who knows is very supportive and I've never had the need to come out. I don't feel like going to class anymore. I just want to tell him the truth. But he's the best coach in town and I know I'll lose interest if I join another place and eventually quit. But not telling him the truth also feels like I'm fooling him into believing I'm someone I'm not (I know I'm still the same person but he wouldn't think I am), and I also feel like hiding it is being disrespectful to myself.

I don't think he'll ever come around. And I don't want to quit. I have severe depressive episodes and this is the only thing that keeps me together at that time. It's also something I wanted to do professionally. What do I do?