View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Jennaholt Offline
Not a n00b

Points: 9,332, Level: 14 Points: 9,332, Level: 14 Points: 9,332, Level: 14

Re: My friend would hate me if he knew I was bisexual - March 12th 2021, 07:03 AM

Thank you for the reply.
He understands that it's a personal choice of how anyone wants to live their life but it doesn't stop him from openly saying how disgusting it is. While I asked him why he hates queer people, he said that he had a bad experience with one man who came onto him. And to that I said that I've had a lot of bad experiences with men and that I could also say I'm going to kill all men but I choose not to hate everyone for the few bad ones out there. He understood that point as well. But still, "it's disgusting. I've always found it disgusting. How can you be attracted to someone of the same sex?"

What bothers me is that I've never had to explicitly say that I'm straight to anyone all my life. But he made me say it to him so he's at peace. I could have chosen not to but I didn't feel safe(?) and I didn't want him to judge me (since he views it as a bad thing). Now I feel like I have to hide a part of myself and I don't want to do that. I want to tell him but I know he's only going to see me as a disgusting bisexual. He's going to identify me for that and only that. Not for my other talents and achievements. And I don't want to be seen that way.

I also did tell him that I don't like him shitting on queer people as I have a few friends who are a part of LGBTQ+. He asked me if they're good people and if they don't cross boundaries. And then I told him that he can believe what he wants but to not openly express such violent views as it disrespects a person's existence.

I wouldn't be so worried about coming out if he hadn't repeatedly said that he wants to kill all queer people, not that he would ever lay a hand on me. It's just the level of hatred he has that scares me.