(#5 (permalink)) Old
Sprite-1 Offline
Banned
Average Joe

Name: Tommy

Points: 3,066, Level: 8 Points: 3,066, Level: 8 Points: 3,066, Level: 8

Re: I have a crush on my best friend - March 15th 2021, 08:59 AM

Hello!

It's awful you found out that way about your best friend; it's only natural to have feelings of jealousy and sadness. But I was wondering. Wondering if in fact your bestie and this other girl are not serious after all.

The country I lived in as an orphan has a culture where even best friends hold hands, hug and kiss. It doesn't matter that two teenage girls or two older women act this way, but just because they are seen to be hugging and kissing and being together all the time, doesn't necessarily mean they're in a sexual relationship. And your bestie and this girl-in-tow might, just, be 'playing girlfriends' because each are learning how to kiss for when one day they end up in a far more serious relationship.

Pick a quiet moment when you and your bestie can talk. Looking into her eyes and holding their gaze, and ask if she's in a serious relationship, and, explain your feelings.

You have nothing to lose. Especially because in the situation it may feel as if you've lost her, but it might just not be what is happening. And you've nothing to lose.

I've been taken out of school today. My older sisters feel unhappy that the letter of complaint I sent to the Headmistress was rudely replied to and the bullies who attacked me denied everything, so I'm free to chat with you about anything, if you like. Because until my awkward situation is sorted at school, my sisters have suggested I stay at home and school there instead.

I completely understand how you must be feeling. Though I recently came out as straight, I really do understand how feeling for same-gender best friends happen. When I was 11, my best friend teased me mercilessly. And then one day she died, and I couldn't tell her how I felt again.

So don't let your feelings of hurt and rejection dwell raging in. Find a time to talk. Tell her how you feel. You have nothing to lose. But if your best friend is true to her heart, she will tell you, but she will be surprised and very likely overjoyed that in reality, you are her crush and you never even guessed!

Life is like that sometimes. But we have to dig deeper to find answers, often answers that need to reveal the truth, even if that truth hurts. Otherwise we'd be none the wiser.

I'm 13 and you are welcome to knock on my door any time.

Tommy.