(#1 (permalink)) Old
Soda_Voxel Offline
Doing my best
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Please call me Soda.
Pronouns: She/her

Points: 12,626, Level: 16 Points: 12,626, Level: 16 Points: 12,626, Level: 16

Smile What songs motivate you or give you hope? - March 24th 2021, 10:02 PM

What songs do you listen to that motivate you, bring you hope for the future, seem to give good advice, or just make you feel positive?

Recently, as silly as it may be, "Here Comes The Sun" by Bill Wurtz (for those who don't know, he's an artist quite known for his strange visuals and lyrics and overall slightly unusual sound, as well as his weird videos, jingles, etc..he also tends to hide very meaningful lyrics inside seemingly silly songs.) has been really, REALLY making me feel good the past few days. It just makes me think, "The sun is coming. Even when you're feeling sad."

Apart from the chorus of course (which has been playing in my head on a repeat for like 2 days), another one of the lyrics really speaks to me:

all day and all night
we lay about and wonder what we're gonna do
we speak to ourselves
having a conversation and wondering who we're talking to
then sadness takes over
and sadness wonders what we're gonna do
then sadness comes closer
and sadness comes to sing a song for you.

That's how I feel! If I sit around thinking too much, the "sadness" rears its ugly head, and "sings a song" of self-hatred thoughts and darkness. But if I try hard enough, well, here comes the sun! *⋆⋇✭

What songs have been lifting your spirits lately? Feel free to reply as many times as you like

It's enough to live a live with love until we die
Autism, Depression, Anxiety