View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Sprite-1 Offline
Banned
Average Joe

Name: Tommy

Points: 3,066, Level: 8 Points: 3,066, Level: 8 Points: 3,066, Level: 8

Re: Schedule time for yourself - March 27th 2021, 09:25 AM

There are two distinct areas that ground me, but are very different. The first is the library that contains many books collected since my great-great-grandfather lived here. Julie put a coffee machine in the corner. It was a deliberate choice because reading books is our first choice to loose anxiety, and sipping coffee fixes our caffeine addiction.

Get lost in a book and any worries affecting me go away. Our library is so serene that I don't want to leave. My guitar is there, and Wendi's. Julie's grand piano takes centre stage, and I'll play a classical piece to calm my mind.

Imagine this scaled-down version of The British Library. Like our villa it has three floors flanked with walkways and mahogany railings to prevent us from falling. Our library smells of books. I love the old bookcases and Gothic Revival tables we sit at. See why this vast place chases away the worries, making self-care my Number 1.

Number 2 is our kitchen. My self-care becomes extra special when baking on a rainy day (as is lying in bed at weekends, lazy toads we all are!)

Number 3 is caring for Ted. He's always been my priority. He feels the same way about me. We've been together for 4 years and are engaged.

"Engaged?" People scoff. "At 13?"

I say, "What of it? We've been through hell." I give a level stare. "And who are you? Who are you to judge me for my youth?"

They make no reply. Because they have none.

Self care is also a tankard of rich hot chocolate. Or sitting in the forest listening to birds with Rascal.
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 1364733 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!