View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I've been here a while

Name: Sarah

Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31

Re: Weed dependance - March 27th 2021, 12:58 PM

I'm really sorry no one has replied to your thread yet.

Being honest, I admit I haven't had much experience with weed, but hopefully I can still provide some level of support. I don't want you thinking your questions and concerns have gone unnoticed!

You mentioned that you feel like you can't seem to go a day without smoking weed. Have you considered that right now, your window for stopping is too large? Rather than trying to stop for a whole day, monitor the amount of hours in between each time you get an urge to smoke, and each time you actually do. This way your goal won't seem as large, and this way you can measure yourself in a much shorter, manageable time length.

Do any of your friends/family know about your situation? I understand that discussing it may be quite difficult, especially if you're concerned that they may not take your news very well. If you do feel there's someone you could speak to, I would definitely at least try and open up to one person. Not just because of how it may benefit you mentally to have someone are of what's going on, but for your physical health as well. Imagine if you were high and something happened to you such as if you got injured. If nobody knows what's been going on, it's less likely anybody will be aware enough to help you. Even if you feel that you're unable to speak to a family member or friend, see if your college has some sort of guidance counsellor whom you may be able to confide in. Perhaps they may be able to help point you on the right track towards recovery.

During your spring break, see if you can plan out some activities for yourself. Especially ones that involve the outdoors. This way you're getting some fresh air into your lungs, you're getting exercise to help combat your weight gain, and being outdoors may help give you some clarity.

You've taken the first step in looking to get help for your problem, don't stop there! Remember that you have people who care about you. Keep going and don't be afraid to seek the help of a professional.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.