View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Sprite-1 Offline
Banned
Average Joe

Name: Tommy

Points: 3,066, Level: 8 Points: 3,066, Level: 8 Points: 3,066, Level: 8

Re: National 'I am in control' day - March 31st 2021, 11:59 AM

Up to today I've been in control of small tasks and kitchen tasks, happy with Ted as we plan to do things this coming Easter weekend. Yes, I was in full control, happy that our home schooling / homework schedule was up to date and both of us had achieved high marks in our chosen the scholastic subjects.

And then Wendi told us she and Leonardo had visited the parents of that awful girl from our previous school and that her parents were sorrowful of their daughters' appalling behaviour towards us. I noted the plural.

"Daughters?" I asked. "She's an only child!"

"No," replied Leonardo. "Her coterie is in fact her sisters."

"Oh. Might have known," I said glumly as Ted reached up to take my hand. "So what did the parents say?"

"They're moving their daughters to the," he hesitated before drawing in a deep breath. "Their daughters will be starting the same school you and Ted will be going to. In September."

I felt my inner calm slip, and here I am pondering whether those sisters, 'the Coterie' will start their harassment again.

Wendi reassured me as if reading my mind. "The school you're going to has an absolutely totally zero bullying policy, so you and Ted will be fine. I promise."

"I hope so," I replied. Except I'm not entirely convinced.

But for today, I remain feeling good. In control. I felt Ted squeezing my hand and looked down. He smiled lovingly from his wheelchair.

"We are going, together. It won't be a battle because after surviving The Hole, anything else can be a pushover. We're fine!" He beamed and reached up to kiss me.

I agree. We've been together 4 years and are in control of our lives, together.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.