Thread: Triggering: 15 with divorced parents
View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Unregistered

Edit avatar

15 with divorced parents - April 12th 2021, 12:47 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I’m new to this forum so I hope I’m doing everything correctly. In short, my parents have joined physical and legal custody over me and my three younger sisters. My mom is Jewish and expects me to follow her values and beliefs, which I don’t. In my dad’s house I’m excepted. When my mom gets mad, she never abuses us, but her anger gives me panic attacks. One incident happened like this: she was holding tight on to my youngest sister to “make her calm down from her anxiety attack”. My sister was yelling “stop it” and “let me go”. This triggered me and I lost control. I ran to where they were and yelled at my mom, she first threatened to sell my rats if I didn’t leave, when I didn’t, she made a move towards me. I ran upstairs and had a full-blown panic attack: crying, screaming, shaking, and hitting my head against the wall. Eventually, everything settled down again. - I guess that wasn’t so short, but, in conclusion, how can I convince my mom to let me live with my dad? Do I have a valid reason to want to live with him?

Last edited by Oneirophobia; April 13th 2021 at 09:44 PM. Reason: cleaning